The global advertising market is a $500b dollar a year market. The core goal being to drive a consumer into a location where a product is sold. The challenge is that no advertiser today can definitively prove that they have been successful in achieving this goal – that is where Freckle comes in.
Are you intrigued about introducing technology to the global advertising market that will fundamentally change the way advertising is bought and sold? Do you think the industry should move away from the CTR as its core metric and focus instead on an attribution metric? Are you looking to make the move to a data first company having tired of the platform war? Are you excited to work in a small team where everyone knows who you are and appreciates what you are doing for the company? Do you want to be part of building something and think your experience can help accelerate our plans?
Freckle is a true start up. It is hard, but you will learn a lot. We work fast, have big aspirations and have a lot of fun along the way.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a passion for distributed computing and large data platforms.
- You are not fazed by complex, unstructured problems.
- You want to do more than create a data pipeline or reports, you want to create AI-driven decisions.
- You enjoy elegance in your solutions.
- You enjoy staying ahead of the curve with a knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
- You own your challenges.
- You could stand being in submarine with your team for a month.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Designing and developing Freckle’s Data Platform and Data Products.
- Platform and system architecture best practices.
- Designing and developing Data As A Service products.
- Helping build the vision, strategy for the future state of analytics, dash-boarding, and reporting.
- Large-scale data ingest cleansing, feature creation, and data modeling.
- Design and maintenance of our various high-traffic data collection endpoints.
- Creating products, not JIRA tickets.
- Always Be Innovating.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited University.
- 6+ years in Software Engineering.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed processing technologies.
- Experience in various programming languages and systems: Java, Python, Scala.
- Experience in using and managing AWS or Google Cloud services.
- Experience in programmatic or digital advertising a plus.
- Experience in real-time data processing a plus.
- Experience or an understanding of Machine Learning frameworks a plus.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- A great corporate culture.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
For additional media coverage check out our press page http://freckleiot.com/press/
All interested candidates should send their resume with “Software Architect” in the subject line to email@example.com
Freckle welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.