Freckle is currently seeking an Engineering Manager for our consumer application Killi. Killi is a mobile application that allows people to opt-in to take back control of their personal data and enter into direct financial contracts with brands and advertisers via the blockchain. Killi directly tackles the issues of personal data breaches and massive corporations getting rich by selling their customers’ data in exchange for, well, nothing. Killi also provides a transparent market solution in the face of growing cries for government regulation around the collection and use of personal data.
We are a true startup. It is hard, but you will learn a lot. We work fast, have big aspirations and have a lot of fun along the way.
Who you are:
- You are a true leader – someone who enables and inspires their team to do their best work.
- You are the cornerstone for delivery, team management, culture and product quality for technology.
- You are intellectually curious and ask tough questions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- You are a proactive, driven, entrepreneurial and action-oriented individual who can accomplish goals.
- You enjoy staying ahead of the curve with a knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
- You have a high energy and bring a positive attitude into everything you do.
What you will be responsible for:
- Managing, coaching mentoring and expanding a small team of cross-functional remote engineers including software, QA analysts and systems engineers.
- Streamlining and improving the engineering processes, technologies and tools.
- Identifying and addressing gaps in the technical process to drive continuous delivery and improvement.
- Providing technical and architectural expertise, direction and decision to the team.
- Helping the product team achieve continuous and timely delivery, but knowing how to appropriately challenge timelines, client requests and other cross-functional deliverables.
- Being the final step in the solutioning and estimation process before the start of a new sprint.
- Auditing architecture/development plans and determine that scaling, reliability, operational needs match with business and client concerns.
- Aligning technical excellence with business goals.
What we need from you:
- 5+ years in building and leading engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or technical architecture.
- Experience managing a remote team is considered an asset.
- Experience evaluating, procuring and using new technologies.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban methodologies.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive market compensation structure.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- A great corporate culture.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
Interested candidates should apply through the following links:
Freckle welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.