The global advertising market is a $500b dollar a year market. The core goal of the advertising market is to drive a consumer into a location where a product is sold. The challenge is that no advertiser today can definitively prove that they have been successful in achieving this core goal – until now. At Freckle IoT we provide to brands, advertisers and trading desks an agnostic in-store attribution tag supported by the largest platforms in the world to solve this exact problem. In the future, no brand will advertise without an attribution metric. We believe this will be Freckle.
Are you intrigued about introducing technology to the global advertising market that will fundamentally change the way advertising is bought and sold? Do you think the industry should move away from the CTR as its core metric and focus instead on an attribution metric? Are you looking to make the move to a data first company having tired of the platform war? Are you excited to work in a small team where everyone knows who you are and appreciates what you are doing for the company? Do you want to be part of building something and think your experience can help accelerate our plans? Freckle is a true startup. It is hard, but you will learn a lot. We work fast, have big aspirations and have a lot of fun along the way.
Who we are:
We are a first-party data company that helps brands, publishers and intelligence firms solve business problems through deterministically validated customer data. We deliver customer segmentation and in-store attribution via one to one matching of real-time user data. Our solution is comprised of an ecosystem of connected devices, beacons and application partners coupled with proprietary software and science.
At Freckle we do not sell media. We collect, measure and sell data. Freckle works with agencies and media companies to measure attribution. We are a platform agnostic, first-party data company that helps clients better understand the effectiveness of their media.
Who you are:
- You are a true leader – someone who enables and inspires their team to do their best work.
- You are the cornerstone for delivery, team management, culture and product quality for technology.
- You are intellectually curious and ask tough questions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- You are a proactive, driven, entrepreneurial and action-oriented individual who can accomplish goals.
- You enjoy staying ahead of the curve with a knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
- You have a high energy and bring a positive attitude into everything you do.
What you will be responsible for:
- Managing, coaching mentoring and expanding a small team of cross-functional engineers including software, QA analysts and systems engineers.
- Streamlining and improving the engineering processes, technologies and tools.
- Identifying and addressing gaps in the technical process to drive continuous delivery and improvement.
- Providing technical and architectural expertise, direction and decision to the team.
- Helping the product team achieve continuous and timely delivery, but knowing how to appropriately challenge timelines, client requests and other cross-functional deliverables.
- Being the final step in the solutioning and estimation process before the start of a new sprint.
- Auditing architecture/development plans and determine that scaling, reliability, operational needs match with business and client concerns.
- Aligning technical excellence with business goals.
What we need from you:
- 7+ years in building and leading engineering teams.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering or technical architecture.
- Experience with Python, SQL, Node.js, GO, Spark/Hadoop, AWS.
- Experience evaluating, procuring and using new technologies.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban methodologies.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive market compensation structure.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- A great corporate culture.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
Interested candidates should apply through the following links:
Toronto: Director of Engineering – Toronto
Waterloo: Director of Engineering – Waterloo
Freckle welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process