Freckle is currently seeking an experienced Director of Data Partnerships for our consumer application Killi. The Director of Data Partnerships will take ownership of the entire engagement process from identification of potential partners to the sale and transmission of the data. A love for data and an understanding of the impact it has on the world is a must.
Who we are:
Killi is a consumer-facing mobile application that allows people to opt-in to take back control of their personal data and enter into direct financial contracts with brands and advertisers via the blockchain. Killi directly tackles the issues of personal data breaches and massive corporations getting rich by selling their customers’ data in exchange for, well, nothing. Killi also provides a transparent market solution in the face of growing cries for government regulation around the collection and use of personal data.
Freckle is a true startup. It is hard, but you will learn a lot. We work fast, have big aspirations and have a lot of fun along the way.
What you will be responsible for:
- Identifying, building and sustaining partnerships with existing and new data partners internationally.
- Defining a roadmap for growing, and refining our data and partnership strategy with the ability to then roll out the strategy aggressively.
- Creating strategies for capturing new data revenue streams for Killi.
- Serving as the day-to-day liaison between Killi and our data partners.
- Attracting, leading and building the necessary team to support business needs and growth.
- Working with the technology team on the transmission of data to our partners.
- Working with marketing to facilitate co-marketing opportunities between Killi and our data partners, including case studies, industry speaking events, and public relations.
What we will need from you:
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar strategic partnership role (SaaS sales, data platform sales).
- Experience in any of the following industries is a plus: Data Management Platforms and Digital and Mobile Marketing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of privacy legislation including; GDPR, CCPA and PIPEDA.
- A strong understanding of PII and compliance with data collection and sharing.
- Experience working with data and DMP companies.
- Experience with negotiating and working with senior management at strategic business partners.
- Direct selling / buying experience
- University degree or equivalent in experience, with a strong interest in data and data sales.
- Proven negotiation skills, particularly in a complex sales environment.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive market compensation structure.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- Employee stock option plan.
- A great corporate culture.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
- Wellness and Professional Development Funds.
All interested candidates should apply through the following link: Director of Data Partnerships
Freckle provides equal employment opportunities (EE0) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Freckle complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.