The world of data privacy is growing and growing and growing and well – you get the point! With new laws coming into play, data breaches happening WAY too often, and the worry consumers have, we want to ensure we do our part to protect the data of individuals and put it back in their hands.
In order to do so, we need dedicated and driven people ready to help us scale and achieve even more in the data privacy world.
Are you looking to pivot the data privacy landscape? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that is eager to hear from you? If so, we need you!
We are currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. The challenges are complex and exciting. The qualified candidate will work with an agile team of engineers and must thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment with varied multi-disciplinary projects.
What you will be responsible for:
- Your time will be split between responding to internal requests and project-based work that is self-generated.
- Taking accountability and responsibility for maintaining and building cloud infrastructure and managing platform components through codifying infrastructure, security, automation and driving enablement.
- Being a passionate advocate of DevOps principles and practices and engage with Development teams to promote DevOps adoption.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on product functional specifications and design specifications.
- Researching and recommending new technologies and toolsets.
- Continuously improving performance and proactively identifying and resolving bottlenecks that will reduce time to build and deliver our software.
- Participate in incident and problem resolution as it relates to production infrastructure.
- Participate in bi-weekly deployments.
- Documentation of processes and troubleshooting issues.
What we need from you:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, and/or similar experience.
- Experience in a similar role or lead/solo DevOps role and ability to work with external contractors/vendors.
- CI/CD practices and implementation (Jenkins, Bitrise, GitHub, Blue/Green deployment).
- Scripting knowledge(Shell, Ruby, Python) and in-depth knowledge in Linux/Unix networking.
- Configuration & Provisioning Management knowledge (Ansible, Chef or similar).
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or similar).
- Experience working with Containerization (Docker Compose and Kubernetes).
- Expert knowledge in AWS essential services (EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, RDS, EC2 Security Groups).
- (Nice to have) Exposure to Advanced AWS Services (API Gateway, Athena, Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, ElasticSearch, Redshift, DynamoDB, REDIS/ElastiCache, Device Farm).
- Expert knowledge in AWS networking (Internet gateways, VPC, subnets, Route53, CloudFlare).
- Knowledge of AWS monitoring and logging (CloudWatch, Systems Manager, Config, Trusted Advisor).
- Security by Design and Security Principles.
- Exposure to Disaster Recovery Planning and Preparedness.
- A combination of a developer and systems administration background would be ideal.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly with little supervision.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive market compensation structure.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- A great corporate culture.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
- Stock Options.
- Wellness and Professional Development funds.
All interested candidates should apply here
Freckle welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.