The global advertising market is a $500b dollar a year market. The core goal being to drive a consumer into a location where a product is sold. The challenge is that no advertiser today can definitively prove that they have been successful in achieving this goal – that is where Freckle comes in.
Are you intrigued about introducing technology to the global advertising market that fundamentally changes the way advertising is bought and sold? Do you think the industry should move away from the Click Through Rate as its core metric and focus instead on an attribution metric? Are you looking to make the move to a data first company having tired of the platform war? Are you excited to work in a small team where everyone knows who you are and appreciates what you are doing for the company? Do you want to be part of building something and think your experience can help accelerate our plans?
Who we are:
We are an offline attribution data company that helps brands, publishers and intelligence firms solve business problems through deterministically validated customer data At Freckle we do not sell media. We collect, measure and make sense of data.
Freckle is a true start up. It is hard, but you will learn a lot. We work fast, have big aspirations and have a lot of fun along the way.
Who you are:
• You have a passion for distributed computing and large data platforms.
• You are not fazed by complex, unstructured problems.
• You want to do more than create a data pipeline or reports, you want to create AI-driven decisions.
• You know how to find data, move it around, transform and fill in the gaps and implement your ideas through programming/statistical languages.
• You have a code craftsmanship mindset.
• You enjoy staying ahead of the curve with a knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
• You own your challenges.
• You could stand being in a submarine with your team for a month.
What you will be responsible for:
• Designing and developing Freckle’s Data Platform which handles hundreds of gigabytes of data per day.
• Helping build the vision, strategy for the future state of analytics, dash-boarding, and reporting.
• Driving the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
• Analyzing and interpreting the results.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of the data used for analysis.
• Data mining.
What we need from you:
• An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited University.
• 3+ years in Software Engineering.
• Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed processing technologies.
• Experience with noSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, Neo4J.
• Experience in various programming languages and systems: Scala, Python, Java.
• Experience or an understanding of Machine Learning frameworks.
• Experience with AWS tooling such as EC2, S3, EMR, RDS or other cloud computing toolkits.
• Experience with deployment tooling such as Docker, Circle CI, Jenkins.
• Experience leading and mentoring team members would be a plus.
• Experience with Graph databases would be a plus.
• Experience with Machine learning frameworks beyond linear regression would be a plus.
• Experience in programmatic or digital advertising a plus.
• Experience in real-time data processing a plus.
• Experience in Blockchain, Ethereum, and related technologies a plus.
What you will get from us:
• Competitive compensation.
• Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
• A great company culture.
• Be part of a diverse team.
• A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
• The opportunity for career growth.
All interested candidates should send their resume with “Data Engineer” in the subject line to email@example.com
Freckle welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.