The global advertising market is a $500b dollar a year market. The core goal of the advertising market is to drive a consumer into a location where a product is sold. The challenge is that no advertiser today can definitively prove that they have been successful in achieving this core goal – until now. At Freckle IoT we provide to brands, advertisers and trading desks an agnostic in-store attribution tag supported by the largest platforms in the world to solve this exact problem. In the future, no brand will advertise without an attribution metric. We believe this will be Freckle.
Who we are:
We are a data company with a mobile focus that helps brands, publishers and intelligence firms solve business problems through deterministically validated customer data. We deliver customer segmentation and instore attribution via one to one matching of real-time user data. Our solution is comprised of an ecosystem of connected devices, location beacons and application partners coupled with proprietary software and science.
At Freckle we do not sell media. We collect, measure and sell data. Freckle works with agencies and media companies to measure attribution. We are a platform agnostic, first party data company that helps clients better understand the effectiveness of their media.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for distributed computing and large data platforms.
- You are not fazed by complex, unstructured problems.
- You want to do more than create a data pipeline or reports, you want to create AI-driven decisions.
- You know how to find data, move it around, transform and fill in the gaps and implement your ideas through programming/statistical languages.
- You have a code craftsmanship mindset.
- You enjoy staying ahead of the curve with a knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
- You own your challenges.
- You could stand being in a submarine with your team for a month.
What you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing Freckle’s Data Platform which handles hundreds of gigabytes of data per day.
- Helping build the vision, strategy for the future state of analytics, dash-boarding, and reporting.
- Driving the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Analyzing and interpreting the results.
- Maintaining the existing system whilst building out a brand new system that can handle the ever-increasing data that needs to be processed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of the data used for analysis.
What we need from you:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited University.
- 3+ years in Software Engineering.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed processing technologies.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra
- Experience in various programming languages and systems (mainly Scala and Python)
- Experience with creating big data pipelines on AWS/GCP/Azure (we use AWS and Databricks)
- An understanding of how to build scalable systems that can handle terabytes of data each day
What we would like to see as a bonus:
- An understanding of how Spark works.
- Experience in typed functional programming.
- Experience in building concurrent and reactive systems.
- Experience with deployment tooling such as Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Experience leading and mentoring team members.
- Experience with Machine learning frameworks beyond linear regression.
- Experience in programmatic or digital advertising.
- Experience in real-time data processing.
- Experience with DataBricks.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- A great company culture.
- Be part of a diverse team.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
- Stock Options.
- Wellness and Professional Development funds.
All interested candidates should apply through the following link: Data Engineer9
Freckle welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.