The global advertising market is a $500b dollar a year market. The core goal of the advertising market is to drive a consumer into a location where a product is sold. The challenge is that no advertiser today can definitively prove that they have been successful in achieving this core goal – until now. At Freckle IoT we provide to brands, advertisers and trading desks an agnostic in-store attribution tag supported by the largest platforms in the world to solve this exact problem. In the future, no brand will advertise without an attribution metric. We believe this will be Freckle.
Are you intrigued about introducing technology to the global advertising market that will fundamentally change the way advertising is bought and sold? Do you think the industry should move away from the CTR as its core metric and focus instead on an attribution metric? Are you looking to make the move to a data first company having tired of the platform war? Are you excited to work in a small team where everyone knows who you are and appreciates what you are doing for the company? Do you want to apply new technologies like Blockchain instead of just talking about them? Freckle is a true start up. It is hard, but you will learn a lot. We work fast, have big aspirations and have a lot of fun along the way.
Who we are:
We are a data company with a mobile focus that helps brands, publishers and intelligence firms solve business problems through deterministically validated customer data. We deliver customer segmentation and instore attribution via one to one matching of real-time user data. Our solution is comprised of an ecosystem of connected devices, location beacons and application partners coupled with proprietary software and science.
At Freckle we do not sell media. We collect, measure and sell data. Freckle works with agencies and media companies to measure attribution. We are a platform agnostic, first party data company that helps clients better understand the effectiveness of their media.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for distributed computing and large data platforms.
- You are not fazed by complex, unstructured problems.
- You want to do more than create a data pipeline or reports, you want to create AI-driven decisions.
- You know how to find data, move it around, transform and fill in the gaps and implement your ideas through programming/statistical languages.
- You enjoy elegance in your solutions.
- You enjoy staying ahead of the curve with a knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
- You own your challenges.
- You could stand being in submarine with your team for a month.
What you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing Freckle’s Data Platform.
- Helping build the vision, strategy for the future state of analytics, dash-boarding, and reporting.
- Driving the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Analyzing and interpreting the results.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of the data used for analysis.
- Data mining.
What we need from you:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited University.
- 3+ years in Software Engineering.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed processing technologies.
- Experience in various programming languages and systems: Java, Python, Scala.
- Experience or an understanding of Machine Learning frameworks.
- Experience in using EC2, S3, EMR, RDS.
- Experience in programmatic or digital advertising a plus.
- Experience in real-time data processing a plus.
- Experience in Blockchain, Ethereum, and related technologies a plus.
What you will get from us:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive, health, dental and vision plan.
- A great corporate culture.
- A fulfilling, challenging and flexible work experience.
- The opportunity for career growth.
For additional media coverage check out our press page http://freckleiot.com/press/
All interested candidates should send their resume with “Data Engineer” in the subject line to email@example.com